Reasons to Test for Mold in Your Home
There are many reasons to test your home for mold; however some reasons are more important than others. Therefore, we have some valuable information on the importance of mold testing if you suspect your home is causing health problems because of mold.
When to test your Metro Atlanta home for mold
- When you need to determine if your home has high levels of mold spores in the air and if mold remediation is needed.
- When you are getting sick but can’t explain why.
- When you see visible mold growth (do not attempt to clean, you will only cause the mold to become airborne).
- When you want/need to identify what types of mold you have in your home and if they are toxic. Certain toxic molds can cause severe health problems ranging from light allergies to severe lung problems.
- When you need to identify which areas of your home are affected by mold so you are not remediating rooms that are not affected.
- When you need to find hidden mold. Sometimes, we can have a mold problem without seeing the mold growth. And, in some cases, just because we see mold does not mean that it is airborne yet. It is important not to touch visible mold.
- When you need to verify that a mold problem has been solved since remediation has been preformed.
- When you need to prove the home does not have a mold problem. We see this often when homes for sale go on the market.
- When you have had an indoor flood that was not dried properly.
- When you need to create a legal case about the property making you sick, or helping you prove there is no mold.
Some important things to remember if you see visible mold growth or think you may see it. Never ever touch mold that you see. Once you spray the mold or wipe the mold it makes it airborne. You shouldn’t use bleach on mold either. Mold grows on wood and drywall, which are very porous materials. The mold grows deep roots into the materials so when you spray that porous surface with bleach, it will not absorb deep enough to kill the mold. Bleach chemical enzymes are unable to penetrate porous surfaces and mold will continue to grow.
If you need mold testing in the Metro Atlanta area, call Morris Environmental Inc. at 770-546-3998 or schedule your appointment online.