Suzanne Somers Cancer Misdiagnosis – Was Toxic Mold


Suzanne Somers Cancer Misdiagnosis – Was Toxic Mold

 

Suzanne Somers Toxic Mold ExposureRecently, we saw in the news that Suzanne Sommers was diagnosed with cancer. Then we soon discovered that it was a misdiagnosis and was toxic mold exposure all along. Suzanne even wrote about it on her blog starting off with “Dear Friends, I know from my own personal experience of an enemy so dark and treacherous that few people understand the devastating effects”. She goes on to tell how she and her husband were being affected by black mold, but had no idea that it was even there.

 

Suzanne and her husband had to move into a leased house when their own home burned to the ground. She describes the home as luxurious and beautiful. It was a large home with lots of space, amazing views and plenty of glass to see the views.

 

Just one short year after moving into the home, Suzanne and her husband both started experiencing health problems. It got so bad that it put Suzanne in the hospital for a week. That’s when she was misdiagnosed with cancer. At the same time her husband started experiencing red irritated eyes, hair loss, and nose and sinus infections that wouldn’t go away with treatment. They both even started having problems with their GI tract, yeast, cramping, bloating and Candida.

 

It wasn’t until Suzanne was interviewing a doctor for her show that she began realizing that her and her husband’s problems could be from toxic mold exposure. After putting the pieces of the puzzle together, she hired a professional to come in and test her home for mold. The inspector found standing water in the unfinished basement from an unknown flood. The mold test came back positive for toxic mold. It was all over the basement and had gotten into the air ducts, which in turn blew the toxic mold into other areas of the home. They were breathing it on a daily basis without knowing it.

 

Through the help of Dr. Rock Sponaugle of Florida Detox & Wellness Institute, Suzanne and her husband found that they were suffering from Mold Toxicity. Dr. Sponaugle has treated over 2,000 patients who have also suffered from toxic mold exposure.

 

In an interview with Dr. Sponaugle, Suzanne asks him about the Hurricane Sandy aftermath and the mold problems that can and will arise. He answers with his worries that we here at Morris Environmental Inc. know all about. It is hard to dry that many affected homes with the power problems they were having. Then add in the wet and snowy winter and you have a haven for mold to grow. It’s in these types of water damaged properties that we see the presence of toxic mold.

 

Suzanne ended her interview with saying that if everyone reading her blog has any symptoms, they should consider mold to be the culprit. Mold lurks deep within the structure materials of all types of properties, especially those that have been damaged by water.

 

Mold testing AtlantaToxins from mold can go unnoticed for months and sometimes years before they are discovered. It is a silent enemy in the beginning and can easily go undetected for months. People with the HLA-DRBQ gene are more susceptible to allergies and molds of all kinds. And mold can grow anywhere in the world. You will find mold counts higher in hot, humid parts of the country like Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Tennessee, etc.

 

Mold toxins affect us in various ways; however, it affects humans neurologically and psychologically the most because mold toxins are lipophilic. This means the spores like fatty molecules and since the brain is a fatty organ, the spores like to settle into the brain.

 

Besides the common affects of toxic mold, it also causes disorders including bipolar II, anxiety, addiction, depression, insomnia, chronic fatigue, multiple sclerosis, panic disorder, schizoid syndrome, OCD, neuropathy and paranoia. Some people will also experience odd effects of toxic mold exposure including fibromyalgia, blurred vision, high blood pressure, slurred speech, skin rashes, joint swelling, swollen gums, confusion and much more. Depression and chronic fatigue are the two most common complaints from those who have been exposed to toxic mold.

 

Mold can be extremely damaging, especially if we do not know we are being exposed to it. While there are no government standards for acceptable levels of most molds, the EPA has set standards for the levels of toxic molds. Any toxic mold spores found in the air are unacceptable. So, how do you find out if you have mold, what types of mold and how much mold you have in your home? You need a professional mold test using air samples.

 

Since mold grows everywhere, indoors and out, it is important to sample the air instead of using petri dishes. A petri dish will always pick up mold. Air samples are the only way to tell you exactly what type of molds you have in your home, how many spores you are breathing in and if they are toxic or not.

 

If you need mold testing in the Metro Atlanta area, call Morris Environmental Inc. at 770-546-3998.

Photo courtesy of wikipedia.com